Tree planting renewal
Contact us for a tree planting renewal
Trees structure space elegantly throughout the seasons and purify the ambient air. They increase the humidity of the air and refresh the summer atmosphere. Trees also have a positive influence on our health and our mood…the list of the benefits of trees in towns is considerable so we shouldn’t underestimate them.
After a tree dies back, plant renewal may be necessary
It is, then, important to question the previous management of trees and the choice of species.
Poor tree management can result in safety problems such as traumatic pruning, compaction of the ground… etc. Likewise, soil that is not suitable for a certain tree would lead to its die back in the short to medium term.
We can help you to take into account all the biological characteristics of the tree in a planting renewal project.
The priority is to understand and analyse the situation. A specification for the new plants and a proposal for planting is then carried out.
Recommended deciduous or coniferous trees for planting are not the same according to the place to which they are intended: sidewalk pit, garden, park and urban woodland… Etc.
Some trees are better adapted to a planting site according to their hardiness zone, their size, their height, width and port once adult, their growth rate, the light, their resistance to pollution, their resistance to salts in the soil, their ease of recovery following planting… Etc
An analysis of the situation, sanitary and landscape diagnosis of the trees present:
- Inventory and identification of trees,
- Phytosanitary diagnosis of trees, aesthetic characteristics of trees,
- Landscape analysis of the site,
- Condition of soils and ground (presence of networks…),
- Neighbourhood constraints,
- Micro-climates (areas of shade or strong sunshine),
- Means available for tree maintenance and watering.
A specification including recommendations concerning:
- The choice of species adapted to the soil, to the micro climate according to the landscape characteristics. Other considerations include invasive species, allergens… to name but a few,
- A species adapted to the environment (for small or large developed trees),
- Quality criteria of tree selection in the nursery,
- Preparation of the soil before planting,
- The planting of trees,
- The protection of young trees,
- Tree care and specific landscaping.
Our proposal for planting renewal
This may include: plans, planting plans, ambience sketches and relevant perspective drawings along with a note of intentions which explains the overall project.
In the interests of ethics, the search for resilience regarding climate change, we recommend:
- Soil analysis beforehand to ensure a suitable water supply and nutritional diet,
- Biodiversity and heterogeneity of species of which we select the provenance,
- Planting young seedlings (which have undergone fewer transplant and root cuttings in nurseries). This will encourage better development and sanitary conditions, both for trees and shrubs,
- Local species mixed with Mediterranean species to be able to withstand global warming,
- Planting the right tree in the right place. Better management of tree planting renewal.