Contact us for professional Tree Management Services.
You do not have the possibility to internally recruit a manager to look after your trees?
Our services are intended to private owners, business parks administrators, historic gardens and municipalities.
Advices, management plan…According to your needs, we provide either a:
- MANAGEMENT GUIDE: study of a site and advices to optimise the management of your trees. Shrubs management can be included in the study for a complete study of your site (learn more about it on this link).
Thee aim of this study is to offer advice on the best practices (for example: to protect trees from excessive pruning or to reassess the differentiated management of shrubs). This, in order to optimise the overall costs for a comprehensive multi-year programme. According to a management plan, the objective is also to inventory, to evaluate trees health or to anticipate the need for new plantation.
- MULTI-YEAR MANAGEMENT MANDATE to take care of the complete management of your trees in the long term.
In this case, we will assist you with creating a periodic check schedule, looking for qualified service providers and following the execution of works. This may include:
– production of instructions document for companies,
– production of decision support specifications for pruning companies,
– follow-up of the execution of pruning works in the crown, rigging, protection of trees or tree felling.
What is a tree heritage management plan?
Sustainable tree management is an economic management strategy
Sustainable tree management includes understanding and respecting the identity of trees and their biological needs.
Maintaining a health log of each tree and their evolution is important. It makes it possible to reconstruct their the history of trees development.
As graduates of tree biology studies, we are keen to respect trees and our mission is to provide ‘state of the art’ management services.
Ideally, a well-managed tree is a healthy and well-adapted to its soil and environment. It will also not have suffered any injuries such as through pruning. However, the situation is very different with urban trees. Urban trees are planted in artificial environments where they have to coexist with human society and they have many constraints are imposed on them.
A tree management plan makes it possible to transcribe the history of a tree or a group of trees and all the data concerning them in a precise inventory.
Thus, keeping a memory of the development of trees allows to plan in advance the actions to be carried out in order to maintain them.
Preventing the effects of climate change and adapting effectively
Additionally, a tree management plan identifies the weaknesses of the wooded heritage, the suitability of new trees for future planting. It also ensures there is order in carrying out interventions. This includes sanitary, environmental supervision, adaptation to climate change, landscape analysis.
This makes it easier to identity specific interventions (planting renewal, trees care), urgent interventions (trees expertise, tree felling), or regular maintenance of trees that are needed (deadwood).
In addition, it also facilitates the anticipation of ageing of trees. Informed decision on planting new adapted species to climate change can be made (varieties resistant to known diseases or drought).
Analysing future actions and making financial preparation
Finally, tree management consists of planning and controlling the costs of intervention while ensuring the realization of management costs and quality of works achievement by pooling together the necessary resources.
What are the different stages in tree management?
In summary, the different stages of ornamental trees management, in urban areas or in parks and gardens, are:
- Taking an inventory and identifying the species present,
- mapping the species and creating a database of the same,
- An analysis of the inventory data
- Prescriptions for actions to be taken short, mid and long term with an estimate of the financial cost of these actions and priorities developed in a work program which is all put in a report.
- The development of a follow-up program to be done mid or long term
- The implementation of the management plan and monitoring of its execution
Our services are intended to private owners, business parks, historical gardens and municipalities.